Safety is a top priority for Fireflies & Fairytales. It is our desire to work with you to create a beautiful and safe nursery for your child.
Items are available to be purchased individually in all our bedding collections, allowing you to add only the pieces you need and/or want in your nursery.
Below are some guidelines and tips from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) for creating a safe nursery environment for your child:
- Avoid the use of any excess bedding in the crib that attaches to the slats or the side of the crib (including bumper pads)
- If you choose to use a bumper pad in the crib, it should be removed with the child can pull up or stand up in the crib.
- Avoid the use of excess padding in the crib to include crib blankets, comforters, stuffed animals, pillows, etc
- Crib sheets should fit snug and tight to your crib mattress and overlap enough so that they are unable to be pulled off by the child.
- Use a firm mattress that fits inside the crib without excess space.
For more information, please visit the following pages:
CPSC guidelines on Crib Safety